Table of Content
Growing weed or cannabis at home is associated with many benefits, including cost reduction in marijuana treatment. But it’s not as easy as you think because not everyone has adequate area, knowledge, or fertilizers for cannabis cultivation. Due to the inconvenience of cultivation, some have to face restrictions from their neighbor or landlord. Many ways to grow weed at home without requiring large spaces exist. One of the unique growing methods is hydroponics.
Choosing hydroponics offers higher yields, cutting out the messy soil process and a shorter growth time than other growing methods. However, it can often be difficult for beginners to start cannabis cultivation through hydroponics. By learning how to grow weed indoors with hydroponics, you’ll not only come out with an easy cannabis cultivation method, but it will also allow you convenient home cultivation of cannabis.
What is Hydroponic Growing?
Growing marijuana or cannabis with hydroponics is the method of growing plants in a bath or flow of highly oxygenated, nutrient-enriched water. In hydroponics, you raise the plants in a sterile growing medium instead of in soil.
In place of soil, growers use a mineral nutrient solution in a water-based solvent. Occasionally, growers may also use hydroponic clay pebbles and sand. The plant’s nutrient requirements, such as vitamins and minerals, are supplied when you mix water with the nutrient solution.
Is Growing Hydroponic Weed Easy?
How to Grow Weed with Hydroponics
First, you’ll need a dedicated grow space that is clean and comfortable enough to facilitate cannabis cultivation. You can choose either an indoor or outdoor space. Both are ideal. Once you find a suitable area, you’ll need the following equipment:
Fan for ventilation – Proper ventilation is necessary for cannabis plants.
Grow Light – You can use a 250W, 400W or 600W HPS grow Light for your first grow.
Nutrients – Choose nutrition such as GH Flora trio, Calimagic (Cal-Mag supplement), and Hydroguard.
Seeds – Marijuana seeds of your chosen strain
pH Meter – For checking the health of your cannabis plant
DWC Tank – buy or build your own DWC (Deep Water Culture) tank.
Pump – to circulate water through the system
Let’s look at a step-by-step process to get your hydroponic weed set by medical cannabis card LA.
1. Assemble your system in your growing space. Decide how you’ll set up your lights, where your plants will sit, and how to keep the area ventilated.
2. Next, fill your tank with water and add nutrients to the water. Allow the pump to circulate the water, evenly distributing the nutrients throughout. Adjust the water to have a pH of 5.5 to 6.0 for best results.
3. Now you can plant your cannabis seeds. A DWC will likely come with seed pods you can use to grow themselves. To speed up the process, you can germinate the seeds beforehand and plant them in the pods shortly after they sprout. However, this isn’t necessary. After a few weeks, these seeds will grow into seedlings and emerge from the pods. Once your cannabis plants are finished growing, you can harvest the plant like any other cultivation method.
Remember that to grow hydroponics weed; you need a cannabis grower license in Los Angeles. Without a cultivation license, it’s illegal to grow cannabis because cannabis is still illegal at the federal level.
How Do I Get a Hydroponics Weed Cultivation License in LA, California?
If you want to grow cannabis in Los Angeles, CA, you will need a cultivation license. Getting a cannabis cultivation license in California is simple and hassle-free. Let us show you how
- Gather your application information and the necessary documents during the hydroponic weed licensing process. If you have questions about the requirements, email the DCC (Department of cannabis control ) licensing team.
Create a licensing system account on DCC and note down your username and password so you can log in.
- Fill in the required fields in the licensing system and upload documents when you finish your application, sign, and submit it.
- Now, the system will tell you to pay your application fee and submit your application. DCC can only process your application once you pay your application fee.
- The department will email you if any parts of your application need to be increased. Responding with complete information as quickly as possible helps them process your application promptly.
- Your hydroponic weed licenses are good for one year. Once your license is issued, you can download your license from the licensing system.
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
How Does CBD Oil Work In The Body? Written By Dan SharpTable of Content Introduction What is CBD? What Does CBD Oil Do? Benefits How Long Does it Take for CBD Oil To Work? To better understand how does CBD oil work in the human body,...
Where Is It Legal To Get a Medical Marijuana Grower's License in California in 2023? Written By Darren M. Jorgenson.Table of Content Introduction About California's Cannabis legalization Is it legal to grow marijuana in California? At...